Worship And Fellowship Opportunities
The Salvation Army Renton Corps actively seeks to fulfill its mission by reaching out to others in the name of Jesus Christ, and introducing every one to a loving relationship with God. We invite you to worship with us on Sundays at 720 S. Tobin Street in Renton. We also encourage you - and your family members - to participate in our weekday fellowship groups which will give you the opportunity to connect with other church members. Take a look at the description of our various programs to see what interests you!
Sunday School Classes for Youth and Adults - 9:30am
Worship/Holiness Service - 10:45am
Men's & Women's Ministries on Wednesday Evenings
We meet as a group and share in a light meal from 6:30-7:00pm on Wednesday Nights
Our Wednesday Night Men's Bible Study is a fellowship designed to come together in worship, fellowship, and education based on the studies of the Bible. The Men meet in the chapel for an hour long Bible Study, Discussion, and Prayer- In the Spring of 2015 we are going through the Root's Discipleship materials.
Our Women's Bible Study meets at that time in the Corps Officers' office for their study & prayer time. The mission of The Salvation Army's Women's Ministries is to bring women into the knowledge of Jesus Christ, encourage their full potential in influencing family, friends and community, equipping them for growth in personal understanding and in life skills, and to address issues that affect women and their families in their world.
Women's Bible Study - Tuesdays, 6:30pm
Afterschool Youth Programs
Kids Café - Tuesday-Friday, 4:00pm-6:30pm
Homework assistance, life skills, object lessons, snacks, educational games & More! For more information, please contact The Salvation Army in Renton at 425-255-5969.
Troops - Wednesdays during the school year, 3:45pm-6:30pm
Our scouting troops are very much like Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, but with God as the center of all our learning. Troop members earn badges and go on a camp adventure every year! For more information, please contact The Salvation Army in Renton at 425-255-5969.
Creative Ministries - Wednesday, 5:30pm-6:30pm
We are inviting all young people who like to sing, dance, and act. We will be teaching how to do all these things and more. All or most skits and productions will include scripture and more. For more information, please contact The Salvation Army in Renton at 425-255-5969.
A NEW Adult Bible Study is now available from 10-11:30am on Monday Mornings! Come and have some coffee, a donut and a wonderful study in God’s Word!
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
- We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead-the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
- We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
- We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocency, but by their disobedience they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.
- We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation.
- We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
- We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgment at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
Our Church Community
At The Salvation Army, we strongly believe God’s will for believers is that they be committed to the local church. Although you will not find a specific Bible verse commanding church membership directly, the general principles laid throughout the New Testament make a strong case for church membership. Of course, aside from the responsibility of each member to be committed to a local church, there should also be a strong desire to live a life that is in conformity with God’s will that is motivated by a genuine love for Him.